Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sea Joy


I found this charming poem by Jackie Kennedy when she was just ten years old.

Titled "Sea Joy."

When I go down by the sandy shore
I can think of nothing I want more
Than to live by the booming blue sea
As the seagulls flutter round about me
I can run about when the tide is out
With the wind and the sand and the sea all about
And the seagulls are swirling and diving for fish.
Oh – to live by the sea is my only wish.

It's so interesting that she found a fellow who so loved the sea as much as she did.

Jacqueline Kennedy's Wedding Bracelet was designed by JFK and Jackie together before their wedding in 1953. Jackie contributed the pearls and diamonds, while John added the two nautical ropes, representing his family's love of the sea.

From the Kennedy Library www.jfklibrary.org
Bracelet found at A Newport Affaire www.anewportaffaire.com

No comments: