Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy


The Quintessential Newport Bride

What can I say that hasn’t been said before about this most remarkable woman.
15 years ago or so had the opportunity to tour Hammersmith Farm just before it closed.I remember taking a pause on that beautiful stairwell and just for a just moment, I became Jackie Kennedy tossing her bouquet.

At my web site A Newport Affair www.anewportaffaire.com
There is a collection of photographs, articles and a slide show about the wedding.
I hope they become an inspiration to you in planning your wedding here in Newport.

Hammersmith Farm is now close to the public and is now a private residence. One can best see it today from Newports grand harbor.

If your looking for the view that Jack and Jackie had for your wedding,
You will want to look at:



The Eisenhower House

Ocean Cliff

Castle Hill Inn

Photo of Jackie by Toni Frissell The Library of Congress and The JFK Library

No comments: