Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Graciously Green Weddings

Im Jumping on the Green Wedding Band Wagon
with monthly updates at Newport Weddings.
It seams to be everywhere and it’s a good thing.

As a wedding planner I have worked on all kinds of wedding budgets
from struggling actors in New York City
to the Socity FAmilys in Newport RI.

I was fortunate to be brought up to be green by two thrifty parents that taught me the value of a dollar by doing it your self or simple having trust that I would eventually get my "wants" met .
The some of tools I have to share with you are buying the best quality you can afford on sale, off-season.
Do go to tag sales, antique shows and thrift shops, its like treasure hunting. My sister was able to buy a hand made couture-wedding dress for $75.00 in a hospital thrift shop. Its was a Win Win. For the donating bride, the hopital and my sister.

It’s not where you shop, but the quality you buy.
So think before you buy.
Don’t buy any thing for your wedding you can’t return.
Do think twice about silly wedding industry add ones or a plastic favors that will end up in a landfill.

Take your wedding budget and spend it on what will have the most impact for you, your guests and the environment.
Think Graciously Green

No comments: